I have rented an apartment since the day that I moved out in 2004. The first three weren't ideal but they were fine for what I could afford at the time. The next one (the first one for Kyle and I together) was great. There were no maintenance issues, the place was kept up great...the worst thing that we had to deal with were the geese that would not move and tried attacking our car.
Then all hell broke loose! The next apartment didn't seem bad in the beginning but once we got about half way through our lease we started experiencing one problem after another. We thought that moving out would make everything better...but then we were getting notices to replace the carpet, going to court, collection agencies calling...you name it.
We finally got everything resolved and moved to Ionia. The new apartment was going to be great. We were getting a townhouse for a great price and would be able to stay for a couple of years. NOT! It all started the day we tried to move in...the stove didn't work right and so it begins. There were so many maintenance issues with things that were broken, didn't work or just were never cleaned. We asked multiple times for things to be fixed and got no results. So I gave up asking and just dealt with things the way they were.
That brings us to the last couple weeks when the AC stopped working because the maintenance guy hit it with the lawn mower. Today, two weeks later it has finally been fixed. Sounds easy enough but let's just say is was everything but easy. To start, the guy came to the back door...which freaked Pickle out more than ever before. She went into defense mode and I paid for it.To make matters worse, yesterday we were served our second eviction notice for non payment...when the rent was paid on time both times. Come to find out the manager was too lazy to check the box last month and was just plain careless this month. And when Kyle mentioned that this might be a bit unprofessional, she made sure to inform us that it was not because she "found the check on her desk". She also chose this time to insinuate that we havn't been paying to have a pet because they decided to increase their pet fees and they don't think that we've paid the difference.
Now I'm just ready to move more than ever before! I've had enough of the non-sense and jerk landlords that don't give a crap. I'm sick of our rent being paid on time and meaning nothing to these people! I have a list of over 15 things that have never been fixed or addressed but none of this means anything. Most likely we'll get charged for them when we try to move out. So tiring...but I know that the end is coming.If you've made it this far, thanks for listening to my rant. Some of you have probably listened to it on the phone or in person and I'm sorry for that. Please bare with me the next couple months while we continue to deal with all of these issues.


No comments:
Post a Comment